Thursday, June 4, 2009

6 Uninteresting Things That Make Me Happy...

I have been tagged by a wonderful friend of mine over at
The Bottom of the Ironing Basket so here I go....

~ The first thing makes me laugh because there is a story behind my mini obsession with Natural Ice lip balm. It makes me very happy, but I was quite unhappy when I found out the makers of one of my favorite things discontinued the product. Once I found this out, I was on the hunt to find out where they were clearing it out. Well, as luck would have it the little place that had "the stash" of "my stuff", did not have a store in my city....closest place was about an hour and 1/2 away. We do have friends there, so I sent her on the search, only after getting it all set up to have some put on hold. Fast forward our next trip to Saint John - she brings the bag out and plops it on my knee.... I peer in like it is a stocking on Christmas morn only to find it is the WRONG lip balm!! I almost cried and could not hide my disappointment. Needless to say, I was into the store the following day and bought 60 - yes, count em - 60! I still have some put away, and yes, they make me happy.

~ I have to say our cottage, which is more of a camp really. It is one of the few places I can go and not feel guilty about doing nothing. It's also a bonus that it is one place I feel Dad's presence the most as he built it "from scratch" ~ cut down the trees, milled the lumber, built it up and filled it with love. I still miss him everyday.

~ A sappy chick flick on a cold winters night, snuggled up with a blanket and a mug of hot chocolate.

~ Spending time with friends because we do not get together nearly enough, so I am very happy when we make the time and wonder why it took so long.

~ Reading ~ whether it is curled up on the couch or lounging in the hammock.

~ Keeping traditions alive by trying different recipes found in my grandmothers old book as she was the best baker ever!

I would love to tag 6 ~ but I won't. I will however be around to check everyone elses lists!

No comments: