Wednesday, August 26, 2009

All Things Kennedy

I do not proclaim to be a Kennedy historian

But I have always been fascinated with the Kennedy family

I am not political in any way

I guess as a Canadian, I have always looked at the family
As American royalty

If the USA was to have a royal family
I would think the Kennedy's would be most people's 1st choice


So I was saddened today to hear of Ted Kennedy's passing

So soon after his sister

I guess this is like the end of an era
And I found it postworthy.....

5 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Definitely post worthy. They seem to have a curse or something on them. All had tragic deaths...weird!

mimi charmante said...

I felt the same way today my friend. An era has ended~
xo

Unknown said...

My mother is a huge Kennedy family fan and loves reading about them, I have bought her lots of books over the years on them, she particularly likes Jackie Kennedy Onassis.

I, on the other hand, am not....like many people, particularly those outside America, I don't have a good word to say about the lot of them.

I do find it intriguing though that so many regard them as the equivalent of "American royalty"....we read that all the time don't we....I am sure they will continue to fill newspaper columns many years after their deaths.....safe to say I should think that we will never see their like again.....

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

I'm afraid I'm with Simone on this one...I don't know if it's an English thing or a European thing or just personal opinion..
The end of a family dynasty, for sure though. XXXX

Chez Zizi said...

It is an end of an era. You know good and bad things must come to an end sometime.