Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lovely


Whether you call it
lilac or lavender
or maybe mauve

no...not mauve
that almost seems wrong
use the one of the "L" words
as it is just lovely.

this field is heavenly
can't you just smell it?

Lilacs are one of my favorites
and since we are into the fall season
I needed this punch of spring
to remind me that once we get through the
cold and snow
these will be waiting on the other side.

along with some of these...

speaking of ice
amethysts are gorgeous
I just love them

Now I am not a pastel girl
by any means
but these really make you stop
and think ~ just maybe...

Carrie Underwood

Alicia Keyes

these are spectacular
princess shoes for sure

ahh ~ heavenly

perfect

more sweetness

a perfect vase for a perfect bouquet

just a hint ~ loving that tub!


so soothing

sweet lavender dreams...


xo

9 comments:

Basil Becky said...

Lavender is my very favorite. I love to use Mrs. Myers cleaning products in lavender, it makes my whole house smell divine. Great post!

Cathi said...

Love love love the lilac and lavenders in any way shape or form....you have covered it beautifully, Lori....and nice touch with that fabulous tub...Happy weekend, my lovely friend!

Melissa Miller said...

~Gorgeous post Lori! I just love those purple gemstone rings. ~Lovely.

Many Blessings and Happy Fall!
~Melissa :)

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I love these pictures - that Carrie Underwood dress is just amazing!!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Another inspiring post! Loving the cupcakes. I could just imagine running inbetween the rows of lavender and smelling their sweet fragrance.

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

OH!! I want to see your picture of SJP!! :) how fun that you saw them shooting, fabulous!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Don't say the sno* word yet - yikes, I'm not ready! Your lovely pictures of Spring are making me sad to think it is so far away...I love lilacs too!!

:) T

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Lori, I think that you could smell that lavender field from 10 miles away !!!!
I love it and the smell of lilac is just as wonderful...it really says Spring....and that Carrie Underwood dress, I wish I was famous, just so that I could wear dresses like that !!
Beautiful images for us to gaze upon, this weekend. XXXX

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lori!!

The field of lavender is just stunning......ahhhhhhhhh!

My favourite is the Alicia Keys dress, she looks amazing.

:)