Thursday, November 5, 2009

Book Club


Happy Thursday!

Last night our book club got together
it's been awhile
we broke for the summer
and could only make our way back together
this month.

We met at Starbucks
over a Pumpkin Spice Latte
yummy ~ yummy

We caught up with each other
I felt like a kid
what did you do this summer
and so on ~ and so on...

We talked about what we had read
mysteries ~ fluff ~ smut
and a couple of biographies

what to read this month
we made Lynne pick
she hasn't had a turn yet...

She decided on this one:

It was already on my list
we'll see as I have heard good and bad

~~~~~~

We have 2 rules for the club

~it needs to be in paperback
~you can pick whatever you want

I have included some of the ones
that we have read
since we started a year ago


I like reading something
that I may have not picked up on my own

take me out of my comfort zone
but entertain me just the same

this one was fabulous
by a Canadian author

and this was our beach read
the one we picked off the bargain table
at our last meeting in May.

xo

all images can be found here.

7 comments:

Cathi said...

How wonderful, Lori....you almost had me driving to Starbucks tonight to get that Pumpkin Latte....haha...:

I have always wanted to join a book club - someday I will, I am sure of it!

Have a relaxing evening! xxoo

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

How fun to be in a book club! I love reading just lately I have not had the time to do so. Let us know how the book was.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I have wanted to join a book club...it would be so fun to sit down and discuss everyones thoughts on what was happening.
I'm up for that Starbucks meeting place too...especially with a pumpkin spice latte!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I just found your wonderful blog and I'm so glad I did!! You have some wonderful book recommendations and I was really needing one for my book club!

I'll come back again,
Blessings,
LMM

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Lori..... I just love it when people recommend books....I can stand in a bookshop for hours, reading the critique on the back and still don't know which one to choose. I will try a few of the ones that you have shown.
Have a well-read weekend ! XXXX

Jboo said...

Those look like some great books -- will definitely be checking those out! Hope you have a fun weekend!

Janet

Anonymous said...

I think you'll enjoy the book. I remember reading it and really liking it, other than that -- I don't recall a thing! Isn't that horrible? I do know it was a good book though!

I also like your idea of expandable form and molds. Thanks for the suggestion!