Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Snow

As January was bidding adieu
we got hit with a whopper of a snowstorm
on Friday.

the roads were treacherous

it is the only word
that really described
where they were not covered with snow
was covered in ice
it was not an enjoyable
ride home from work!


Saturday morning we awoke to sunshine
but bitter cold
so we all bundled up
and headed outside

doesn't she look cute in her red sweater!

this one reminded me of a big snow cone...

the snow was beautiful ~ clinging to everything



and I am pleased to say
that my project of the month
is completed!

it is straight knitting
and I finished it off with a fringe
it goes great with my new coat

and

it makes me happy!

I have another little project to share
but will wait til next week...

Hope everyone has
a wonderful week!


xo

8 comments:

Cathi said...

OMG - your baby with the sweater is absolutely gorgeous!

Such gorgeous photos, Lori and that scarf is beautiful...doesn't it feel good to finish up projects? I am very happy for you and can't wait to hear about your next project.

My daughter and I cleaned our kitchen cabinets out today - as we are revamping our way of eating around here, so it was productive on our end too...

Have an awesome week and stay warm, my friend! xxoo

Unknown said...

Wow, just look at all that snow!

And love the scarf, well done you :)

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

OHHHH! She looks absolutely adorable but oh so cold in her sweater! She is just too cute! Love the snow pic collage. I love freshly fallen snow. After an hour of ooohing and ahhhing over it though, it can go away.

The sweater looks wonderful! I love that chair it is on too! I bet you look as cutie patootie in your new scarf though!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I'm an idiot. I meant scarf not sweater. Your new SCARF looks wonderful!

Farmgirl Paints said...

What a cutie pie. You need to knit her a sweater:) You are talented girl. I would love to be able to do that!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you got that scarf done in the nick of time! Puppy looks so adorable. We didn't get any snow this year. It's pretty though.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Looks like the scarf was finished just in time, Lori and your little dog looks so cute and I'm sure, warm !! We had just a light dusting of snow but, nothing like you've had. Keep warm, Lori. XXXX

Christina said...

Love the pictures and the scarf. THe snow is so beautiful but I am ready for it to go away!