Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Organization Mode

While I have been looking for
the right piece to put in this spot
the old faithful microwave cart
remains in the kitchen


so rewind a couple of weeks ago
cleaning...organizing
usual January stuff

I opened the door to put something in
and there was an avalanche
I apologize for not taking a before picture
but it was bad

so I pulled everything out
and piled it on each side


lots of stuff
right?!

so all there was left
was this big gaping hole

what to do....what to do
it needs a shelf of course!

Hunny!
Do we have any scrap wood around??

All kinds he replied

so I made him a deal
he was off the hook
for any other chores

yes...
I am a good wife

all I want is a shelf
yes ~ about mid way
divide the space in 1/2 please

so he got to work
and ta da
a shelf!


with no time left to sort through everything
I just piled it all back in on that day


then last week-end I took the time
sorted through things
and now it looks like this


much better!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!


xo

10 comments:

mimi charmante said...

don't you just *love* organization??? I bet you look inside that cabinet occasionally, just to see how lovely it looks!
xx

Cathi said...

I love it, Lori! It always makes me feel so good, when I have everything organized....I look at what I've done, and then go back again and again to admire it.....haha...Have a great evening! xxoo

Unknown said...

Excellent!! I love a nice organised cupboard :)

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Boy you are getting so much done. Now come and organize my cupboards! I have so many bruises from getting hit with things!

Great job! I love that you can get your husband to jump right into things. Mine takes a week or month or year of my whining before he thinks of starting.

Blondie's Journal said...

This is great Lori...A wonderful use of space! I have a cabinet that is chock full of platters, bowls, tupperware, etc, and I have an avalanche every time I pull something out. You have inspired me! Funny how January is that favorite month for organizing. And BTW, you have a gem of a husband!

xoxo
Janie

f8hasit said...

I've been in organization mode lately. Clearing out, reorganizing what I can't and general cleaning of stuff.

Except for that closet.....
:-)

Looks great! Wayb to go hubby with the shelf!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh there is just something about organizing that makes you feel so good. I used to have that exact same cabinet:)

Recaptured Charm said...

This was probably the worst time for me to read how organized someone is.... my kitchen is a construction zone! (and will be for a while) I get so nervous when things aren't organized. Your hubby is a gem! :)

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Lori,
I think that we all have cupboards where we just shove everything in, don't we....I know I have.
You are a better woman than I as, at least you are doing something about yours. Everything is still falling out of mine when I open them !!!!
I bet you feel all warm and fuzzy inside now, don't you, Lori ? XXXX

Delena said...

The best part is having a hubby who does the work and takes care of business! Looks great.