Monday, May 31, 2010

Inspiration Day ~ May Edition!


Here we are again
where on earth did May go??

really...

So over the week-end I sat
and did what I do best

sit and think
and read blogs

no really...

I put a lot of thought into my choice
for Maggie's inspiration party for the
month of May


there was one blog I kept going back to
I love her style
and her stuff

she is always coming up with something new
things that I sit back and go Wow!

I cannot remember exactly
how I came across her blog
I believe she was working on her
front entry way
or her character building

not sure
not that it matters
but I went
and stayed

My inspiration person for
this month is
Donna

over at Funky Junk Interiors


she is a single mother
and always on the move
doing project after project

and being a fellow Canuk
I felt akin to her somehow in
this big bloggy world

all of the pictures in this post
were borrowed from her blog
and I sure hope she forgives me

this is one of her latest projects
see what I mean
that is a bed frame ~ brilliant!

I think it was these
that had me head over heels in love
yes ~ I said love
painted wooden crate stairs
read all about it here

honestly
I wanted to fly her east
to do these for me
as I love them, love them, love them!


Every week she hosts
Saturday Night Special
and has tons of fun

she gives blog improving tips
fun stuff like

how to center your widgets
and
staging ~ how to take beautiful pictures for your blog
and she takes gorgeous pictures!

now for you seasoned bloggers
learning how to center your widgets may not
be a great post
but for beginners like me
her help was greatly appreciated!

This is a special picture for Donna
one that I know she holds close to her heart
so I just had to use it.

So if you have not been over for a visit
run on over
I promise
you will not be disappointed!


Thank you Maggie
for hosting such a great event!

Want to join in on the fun
head on over to
The White Farmhouse
and link up!

8 comments:

Chez Zizi said...

Very cool Lori I will head on over there. She sounds pretty cool and I LOVE those stairs too!
Ziz

Unknown said...

Those stairs are AMAZING!!! Donna sounds fabulous too, am heading over to check her out :) What a lovely post to write Lori :) xo

Mikal said...

I LOVE Funky Junk too! I don't look at junk the same since I started reading her blog. :)

Happy Monday to you!

Mikal

Farmgirl Paints said...

Such a creative spirit. Isn't it amazing how you can have such a deep respect and appreciation for another blogger you've never met?? I just love the blogging world.

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I FINALLY got it up! Thanks for joining in on the fun! Such a great inspiration too. Donna is such a wonderful and talented person! I don't know where she comes up with her ideas. She pulls them off so easily too! I fell in love with her front entryway too. Love the gate!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Hi Lori, Isn't our friend Maggie something special ( in the best way)?
I also am a big fan of Donna and her creative genius! I often wonder where she comes up with this stuff!
Thanks for letting others know how inspirational she is!
BTW- you have a lot of "inspiring pizzaz" too! I always look forward to each and every post!
Yvonne

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Oh my!! (blush) Thanks so much Lori!

When I first set out in this big 'ol blog world, I had no idea if my 'stuff' would even be liked. But I decided to not worry about that part and just drive out what I was passionate about.

Every day I'm still in awe that someone 'gets' it. Me. My stuff. That is so very cool. :)

Thank-you for being a part of my little community and for appreciating my 'stuff!'

Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

Cathi said...

I love those stairs too - they are fabulous! Will head on over for a visit - thanks! xxoo :)