Thursday, June 10, 2010

What Does Summer

mean to you??

I was reading one of my blog buddies last week
Louise over at
Lou, Boos and Shoes
and she posed the question

"what does summer mean to you?"

of course it got me to thinking what classifies summer for me?

Flip Flops

The beach

Bonfires on the beach

roasting hot dogs

& marshmallows

Eating watermelon and spitting the seeds

Strawberry Shortcake

Lemonade

Popsicles

Blender drinks & jello shooters

Vacation

Slushies

Fresh Berries

Reading in the hammock

Sangria

Girls Week-end

The cottage

& last but not least...
Wildflowers!


I hope the sun is shining upon you today
wherever you are reading from

Thank you for all the wonderful comments this week!

This non-seamstress is working on another sewing project
if it turns out ~ I will show you.

Trev is off on a fishing trip this week-end
which leaves me free to watch
chick flicks

any recommendations??
let me know...



xo

10 comments:

Chez Zizi said...

Ahh, summertime. So many of my favorites too.
Zizette

Lou said...

Hi Lori - it was me! So many blogs so little time! I am delighted you have a summer list too - loving these pictures. Lou x

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I'm ready for summer... right now! Where's the beach! Great images.
Yvonne

Mikal said...

LOVE your summer plans, I can feel the sunshine in every photo!

Put "Nine" on that list for sure, and enjoy your time!

Mikal

Unknown said...

That sangria looks so flippin' good right now!!

Love all your summer choices Lori....wouldn't it be a dream to rent a house in The Hamptons (might as well dream big)....and get all our girls together....walks on the beach, jello shots, good books and BBQs....fabulous :)

xoxo

Farmgirl Paints said...

My girls' last day of school today...yay! Summer - bring it ON:)

Chick flicks...hmmmm?? I just love Under the Tuscan Sun. I watched 27 dresses the other night that was cute. The notebook! I really could go on and on:) Have fun.

Jen said...

I hear It's Complicated is great!

And good for you... you need to do chickflicks, bubble baths and shopping trips while he's gone ;-)

Have fun!!

Cathi said...

Lori - you covered everything that I love about summer perfectly! Beautiful photos! Enjoy your "me" time this weekend, especially your chick flicks. I recently watched Valentines Day and Leap Year - those were cute films. xxoo :)

prashant said...

I hear It's Complicated is great!
Contextual Ad Network India

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Well Lori, it's raining here ...... we are supposed to be getting a really hot summer....I won't hold my breath !!!! Actually, it's meant to get better tomorrow.
Summer to me means all of your suggestions....I guess it doesn't matter what country we live in, it means the same. XXXX