Sunday, July 4, 2010

Red & White Celebrations


Thursday we celebrated
Canada Day


we awoke to a beautiful day
a few puffy clouds

made me want to spread a blanket out
in the back yard
and find different shapes
and animals in the sky
like when I was a kid


after lunch
we headed down to the local park
to partake in the festivities

it was a sea of red & white
people of all ages were decked out
it was quite a site to see


there was cake


lots of cake

and a huge line up for the charity bbq
I think we waited in line for 30 minutes
well worth the wait though


we pulled up a piece of grass
and had some lunch



isn't she cute!

we hung around
and listened to some of the bands


and ventured over to "kiddie world"
lots going on for them
and yes ~ more lines

that evening we went next door for
games night
and walked down to the river around 10
to watch the fireworks



we are fortunate we are so close
and can walk to view them
this is Cathy & Colin
next door neighbors extraordinaire!


ooh ~ ahh
it was a good day

Happy Independence Day
to all my friends in the USA!

Wherever you are today
I hope the sun is shining upon you.




xo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and happy day to you!

Cathi said...

Thanks, Lori....Wishing you a wonderful weekend too! xxoo :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Love the Boston Terrier! I think I must be in the wrong place. I'm a red and white gal, but then I love red, white and blue too!
Brenda

D. Jean Quarles said...

Your little Boston is too cute all decked out with his hankie around the neck. Loved your photos.