Monday, August 23, 2010

Blueberry Love


I love summer
and the good things it brings
one of them being berries

so for today I wanted to bring you
a little bit of...





I love eating them by the handful


this ice cream looks delightful


with crepes ~ to die for


ahh ~ perfection








what a great idea!





blueberry syrup is perfect with


blueberry pancakes
a favorite in our house!






this is a family favorite
Blueberry Grunt
you can find the recipe here






many a pie has been eaten during blueberry season
in our family


















last year I told the story here
about when we were kids ~ week-ends at the farm
and Grammy sending us to the field
with little plastic cups
to pick berries with the promise of pie for dessert

well this is one of the cups

not sure where the rest disappeared to over the years
but we scooped this up when we were there
as the memory made us smile.


I am counting down the days as vacation starts on Friday

also watch out for a giveaway
at the end of the week

think of it as a little celebration gift
from me to you.

Wishing you all a wonderful Monday!



xo

7 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Wow you found some gorgeous berry pictures. They are soooo good and wonderful for you too. Can't beat that.

Mikal said...

Some beautiful blueberry love going on there!

(Happy for your laughing content weekend too) :))

Screen Door Prep said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful blueberry photos, & the recipe. Blueberries have been a really fun staple in our house all summer...a real toddler favorite!

Anonymous said...

Love love blueberries which is one fruit we don't have here in Colorado. I did pick elderberries and choke cherries this weekend for jam though!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Each image is good enough to eat! Such artistry by God and by you!
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

hi lori. i'm loving your blueberry lovin pics! Today I'm going blackberry picking for the first time with my girls. Hoping to make a yummy cobbler. Never made one before. I hope it turns out!

Cathi said...

Wow, what a fabulous post - I'll take one of each please!! :) Have a great week, Lori! xxoo