Monday, August 2, 2010

Hodgepodge

Happy Monday girlies

I am back from the cottage
rested
newly showered
laundry is in
and I am getting some stuff done
around the house.

It was a beautiful week-end on the cape

are you tired of this view??

sorry ~ but I'm not
and
I don't think I ever will

this is what the weather was like
all week-end

Bee~A~U~Ti~Fullllll

Saurday we tore the old deck off the cottage

our friends were up from Saint John
so we were in reno mode

unfortunately
the beam that we need to attach the new deck to
is in bad, bad shape
and we didn't have the proper tools with us
this time around
so now there is a temporary ramp there
to get us through until
we can get down again and "giter done"!

we ate well too

bbq and hodgepodge
loving me some fresh veggies
makes a girl happy!

of course our little
hop a long was there too...

we did get the back door fixed, some trees planted
and a whole lot of R&R
which was in the cards

we had intended to only spend one night
but we pooled our resources
and stayed another night
and I am so glad we did!

~*~*~*~*~

On Friday I hinted that I had some things to share...

Last month I was tagged with this award

by
Trish
over at
Pink Preppy Lilly Lover

if you have not been by for a visit
you must drop over
she is fun!

I have also been lucky enough to win a couple of
give-aways here recently

the first one was from
Simone
over at
The Bottom of the Ironing Basket
she had a summer bookshelf
giveaway and I asked her to
surprise me

this came in my mail last week
and since I finished what I was reading yesterday
I will be starting this one tonight!!


so then if I wasn't lucky enough already
I also won this


from Carrie
over at
This Free Bird

she made my heart go pitter patter
here
when she talked about this pan!

It hasn't arrived yet
but when it does ~ I will let you know
if mine turn out as well as hers!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week
I am working on my Part 3
of my Treasured Memories posts

and have some more fun things to share...

until next time



xo


5 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Lori,
Looks like you had a lovely weekend. Shame that you couldn't finish the work that needed doing on the cottage. Never mind, It will still be there next time !!
.... and what lovely giveaway wins. Lucky you.
Have a lovely week Lori. XXXX

Chez Zizi said...

Oh Looks like an awesome time. I love those times when you are productive and get to relax at the same time.
Very cool. I cannot believe your baby, her little leg all wrapped up.
Zizette

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Poor booboo girl! She looks so sad in her little pink cast. I don't think that I would ever get tired of seeing that either. Beautiful! The good, bad and ugly of unfinished projects is that they never go anywhere! Congrats on your wins! Can't wait to hear how the book and pan is. Not together though....

Farmgirl Paints said...

Read The Help this summer. Great read. Looks like you kept nice and busy. A least you had a beautiful view. That poor dog!

Cathi said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, Lori....and you definitely are ONE LUCKY GIRL!! Have a beautiful week, my friend! xxoo :)