Monday, September 27, 2010

An Apple A Day


Sunday was a beautiful day
a perfect one to head to the orchard



although my Mom grew up in the Niagara region
where she could pick a peach or pear off the tree
and eat it ~ we had never been to the local orchard


the overflow parking was in a field
right beside rows and rows of dwarf trees


the apples were ginormous!






they had stacks of hay bales piles up for the kids to play on






along with apples and pears
they had fields and fields of grapevines




we spent a couple of hours walking around
and just enjoying the day






we of course came home with some apples
and made the best dessert ever to have with supper


Sam picked out a little pumpkin




and I brought home some gourds






and some other goodies

along with a bottle of pear wine made there

I have not cracked it yet ~ but will soon!




Hope you all had a wonderful week-end!

6 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Such a great day out, going fruit picking and you had such wonderful weather too. It's pretty chilly and wet over here but, there are still apples and pears to be picked !
Lovely photos Lori .....oh, and PEACE Sam !!!! XXXX

Farmgirl Paints said...

My folks come this week and that is our top priority once they get here. Make the house fallish! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Can't believe the size of those apples!

Mikal said...

Oh, I want to live by orchards now!!

Have a great week,

Mikal

Cathi said...

What a beautiful weekend and all of those apples...I am green with envy - I love my apples!!

I live in a neighborhood that used to be an orange orchard so every house has several orange trees - but apples are my true love!

Happy Monday, Lori! xxoo :)

Unknown said...

I was just thinking about making an apple pie this week....you have convinced me I must now!!

Great photos Lori and Sam is such a cutie! xx

this free bird said...

Oh Lori!!!

Apples, hay bales, pumpkins and kids all rosy cheeked too (love her!!). Looks like fall to me...while we're burning alive in 100 degree temps. Argh

xoxo,
Carrie