Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hello Autumn

Hello Autumn

although I wanted to hold onto summer
the warm weather and my flip flops
for as long as I could

I am ready to embrace this season
and all that is has to offer


heading to the market on Saturday morning
for fresh veggies, meats and cheeses



picking out the perfect pumpkin


heading to the orchard to pick the perfect apple


gathering with friends at a corn boil






For man, autumn is a time of harvest
of gathering together

For nature, it is a time for sowing
of scattering abroad

Edwin Way Teale


I am ready ~ are you??





7 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hi dear Lori, loving everything about this beautiful post. Isn't it so nice to have a new season upon us? I would love to go apple picking with you my sweet friend! Can't wait to pick out the perfect pumpkin this year too :) Love you lots xoxox

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I love autumn and spring. Not too hot and not too cold. Love the little nip in the air in the morning. Sitting on the front porch with a cup of steamy coffee and watching the morning wake up. I have had my windows open for the last two weeks. We went to the apple orchard last weekend but it was too crowded to enjoy. May need a weekday trip with the bitty one! Love all the pics!

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

What a pretty post! I love all these images! Fall is my favorite season, so I am ready for pumpkins, apples, pansies...

Donna

Joyce said...

After seeing your beautiful photos I am reminded why I love Fall!! OK I am going to sound green here, but I have never heard of a corn boil. Will you share more? This sounds like a fun party to do, but at this stage I have no clue.
Have a golden day my friend. xo

kimberly at mimicharmante said...

I'm so ready! Loving your images my friend~ There is something so comforting about autumn food - root vegetables, apples, pumpkins...
xx

Cathi said...

Beautiful photos, Lori! I am definitely ready! xxoo :)

Mikal said...

I just love that quote! Fall is perfection to me.

Happy weekend to you!