Monday, October 4, 2010

Getting to Know You...

Last week I was tagged by Simone
over at

I just love these things ~ so of course I will play along!

1)  What is your favorite time of the day??

Although I am not really a morning person
I do love grabbing my coffee and sitting on the deck
listening to the birds
taking it all in and preparing for the day ahead

I love lazy mornings at the cottage
or Sunday mornings in the winter
snuggling in bed or on the couch

As for productive times of the day
I can get more done between 7-10 pm than 7-10 am
and yes ~ it runs in the family!

2)  Where and when did you meet the love of your life?

Trevor and I met over 20 years ago ~ actually it is closer to 30 now...
he hung around with my cousin
he was at all our big family functions
weddings, funerals, big celebrations
he was part of the family even then

there was always a spark ~ an interest
but he moved to another city after we graduated
 so we would see each other the odd week-ends over the summers
Easter week-end 1999 my cousin hosted a bonfire at his place
Trev was there
both of us spent the night and stayed up talking for most of it
holding hands...
we met for coffee again the following Friday
and have been together ever since

 

3)  What 3 words would your friends outside the blogging world
use to describe you?

Good heart ~ Dependable ~ Loveable
(I give the best hugs)


4)  What country would you like to visit and why?

I dream of travelling the world
seeing sites I have only seen on TV or in photos

there are parts of the USA I want to go
Vegas is in the planning stages for the spring

I want to explore my own country
take another trip to the west coast as I have been
but Trev has not ~ so to see it through his eyes would be spectacular
Africa for a safari would be on the wish list

but
if I could only pick one right now
it would be the United Kingdom
I have family in Northern Ireland
and would love to go back
and of course could not go overseas without going to London
to see a very special lady

5)  What is your favorite dish to cook?

I make a mean breakfast
scrambled eggs with all the fixins'
eggs benedict
blueberry pancakes
I am a good brunch girl


for a main dish it would have to be 
my stuffed pasta shells
they are always a hit!


6)  Salt or sugar?

Chocolate is a major food group for me
so I would have to say sugar

I do love my salt too ~ hello chocolate covered pretzels

or Smarties and popcorn
Pure Heaven



7)  What are your must have make-up or beauty items?

Hands down would be my lip balm

I live for lotions & potions
for my face ~ good old Oil of Olay

mascara and a compact



8)  What are your favorite flowers?

Lilacs, Cosmos, Pansies for their little faces
and Wildflowers!




9)  What do you think are your worst vices, honestly?

Smoking
(yes ~ I know ~ I know)
not getting nearly enough exercise
watching way too much TV
and 
spending too much time in front of the computer

that was brutally honest!

10)  At what time of your life were you the happiest and why?

I would like to think right now...

but are we not always looking for something more
something we think is better than what we have
in this moment?
I had a great childhood
memories of camping trips
week-ends spent at my grandparents farm
trips to Ontario
are plentiful

I had young parents ~ they were very involved in our lives
I would not trade it or them
for the world.




So thank you Simone
this one was so much fun to do!

I will pass this along to the following people:


Hope you had a glorious week-end!

Happy Monday!











5 comments:

Lou said...

Hi Lori - I loved reading this...loved the description of how you met Trevor - that image perfectly captures the spark that then turns into a life-long love. Brilliant. And the United Kingdom - yep I could recommend it; I think you'd like it :-) Lou x

kimberly at mimicharmante said...

I loved reading your list! It is amazing that I have known you for over ten years and still learned something~
Have a marvelous week my friend - I hope it is gorgeous and the leaves are turning there~
xx

Cathi said...

Loved, loved, loved reading this Lori!!! It is always wonderful to learn more about your fave bloggy friends!!

I would highly recommend the United Kingdom - I still want to explore more of it but London was fabulous and all the more if you can meet up with that special lady! :)

And if you ever find yourself in Southern California - don't forget me! :) Have a beautiful week! xxoo :)

this free bird said...

Lori I loved this post and learning more about you! I will most def take part - probably include it next week and will let you know when it's up.

Thanks so much for thinking of me! Pass the chocolate covered pretzels :)

xoxo,
Carrie

Unknown said...

I loved reading this Lori and yes, like Kim, I learned something too :)

Loved your "three words"...totally how I would describe you :) Loved your "brutal honesty" too LOL!!

That photo of Northern Ireland is just beautiful - and not always what you think of when you imagine N.Ireland....and London, some day my friend for sure.

I had no idea you and Trev had known each other so long, I love that!

Thanks for playing along my friend xoxo