Monday, December 13, 2010

The Belle Province

Last week I told you that I had exciting news

not a surprise for you...
sorry

one night this week we will be jetting off
for dinner

to this place


Montreal!


no ~ we did not win the lottery

hubby just celebrated his 25th anniversary with the company
back in September

his boss took him out to dinner
and he received a gift, certificate and lapel pin
the usual stuff

then a couple of weeks ago
he received an invitation by email
to a recognition dinner
in Montreal

Place Jacques Cartier
the company is flying him and a guest up for the dinner
hotel for the night
and then fly us back the next day


we decided to take advantage of the opportunity
so we fly up the morning of the dinner
and we are staying until the following evening
and taking the last flight home 
so we will have basically a full day plus to 
roam around ~ see the sites
and get in a little shopping


it's been over 10 years since I have been
I love this city ~ the energy

Notre Dame Basilica ~ Old Montreal
I really want to go here
seems like the perfect time of year for it


they have been receiving lots of snow
hopefully it will not hamper our travels
or shopping excursions!

Because I will be away 2 days this week
this week-end was a whirlwind of activity

my cousin was diagnosed last week
with stage 3 cancer ~ he starts his treatments on Tuesday
so we went to see him Friday night

lots of prayers go out to him

one of my Dad's cousins passed away last week
Saturday I went to the funeral
so sad this close to Christmas

Sunday was a fun day though ~ making cookies with
one of my best girls as Sam came over for the afternoon

my shopping is almost done
tree up and still not decorated
but we will work away at it
parties attended and another to plan for

now to wrap things up
do a bit more baking
and enjoy the season.

Hope you all had a wonderful week-end
and that this week brings comfort and joy.


6 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Dear Lori,
How exciting for you both. What a lovely trip to take this close to Christmas.....it will be so special. Enjoy every minute of it.
I'm so sorry to hear of your cousins cancer. I wish him well with the treatment.....and, the sad loss of your Dad's cousin. It's terrible at anytime, but somehow seems sadder at Christmas.
I'm so pleased tht you haven't decorated your tree.....ours is still in the garden !! Hopefully, we will have it looking beutiful by the end of the week.
Have the best time in Montreal Lori. XXXX

Farmgirl Paints said...

So sorry to hear about the family stuff. Prayers going out for your cousin. Have a ball in Montreal...it even rhymes:)

Cathi said...

Very sorry to hear about your cousin's cancer and yours dads cousins passing - your family will be in my prayers! You have had quite a mixture of happy and sad times this past week, but the trip to Montreal sounds FABULOUS!! I hope you truly enjoy being away with your man, and seeing all the sights! I look forward to your photos (if you have time to take any) Happy Monday, Lori..Sending much love to you and some very warm hugs! xxoo :)

Tara said...

I am thrilled to hear of your little jaunt to Montreal...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
I received the most beautiful vintagy bracelet in the mail...it is gorgeous...thank you so very much.
My thoughts and prayers are with your cousin.
Hugs to you:)

Mariel Torres said...

Two of be bestest girl friends live in montreal and i've been planning a visit for quite sometime now... maybe this is the time for the trip, you've inspired me darling ;)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Montreal is on my travel list. What a wonderful trip for you! Enjoy!
So sorry to hear about your cousin. Prayers went up for him.
Yvonne