Monday, January 17, 2011

Knee Deep

Have I ever told you
that I could be a bear??

go into hibernation
all fat and satisfied

then wake up in the spring
skinny and ready to enjoy the other 3 seasons?

I have tried to spend some time outside
January really sucks the life out of me
get up in the dark
come home from work in the dark

I know wah wah wah

I have been working on a fun project though
back in November I found a quilt that I fell in love with

then last week-end I found fabric to cover my headboard
and make curtains


Saturday I was off to the home improvement store
and snatched up some paint swatches


the back of the quilt is like a linen so that is what I got for the 
curtains and headboard
and the fabric is lined ~ so that is always a bonus


I would like to go a little darker with the walls
I found a color I loved
but it was too green
and I don't think you can tell by the pictures
but there is a lot of blue in it
so I have to be careful


so I am knee deep in swatches and will be taping them up
and waiting for one to jump out at me and say
pick me, pick me!!

Also on the hunt for a bedskirt ~ think I will go with a shade of blue
and get shams to match
with all the neutral colors ~ I need a punch of blue

~*~*~*~

Sunday I sat on my butt
most of the day

I did make these for brunch
and they were yummy yummy
they are from the Weight Watchers website


Individual Ham, Cheese & Veggie Frittatas

cooking spray
1 lb frozen hash browns ~ thawed
4 large eggs ~ beaten
1 tbsp fat free milk
salt & pepper to taste
2 oz lean cooked ham ~ finely chopped
1/8 c sweet red pepper ~ finely chopped
1/8 c green pepper ~ finely chopped
2 tbsp onion ~ finely chopped
1/2 c low fat shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350
coat 8 muffin tin holes with cooking spray
spread potatoes around bottom and up the sides of each muffin hole
cook for 10 minutes

Beat eggs and milk together
season with salt & pepper and add ham, cheese & veggies
mix to combine

remove potatoes from oven and press them firmly with a spoon
so they look like mini piecrusts ~ they should cover the bottom and sides
of each hole.  Pour about 1/2 c of the egg mixture into each each prepared
potato crust.

Cook until potatoes are crisp and golden and the egg mixture is set
about 15 minutes.  

you can find the recipe here.

I did not follow the recipe exactly
I did cook my veggies in advance ~ just sauted them a bit
then I spooned some of each into the potato crust 
then added the egg over in using a mini ladel

Next time I will cook the potatoes a little longer than 10 minutes
I would let them brown up a bit before adding the egg mixture

let me know if you try them ~ I will make them again!


I will leave you with a picture of the kids
it is so hard to get a shot of the 2 of them together
I lucked out Saturday night though
although Molly was busy looking at Trev as he was saying
stay ~ stay ~ stay!!

too funny...

Hope you had a wonderful week-end
and an even better week.

5 comments:

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Ohhhhh! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I like the mix of colors that you picked. Have fun painting! I love to paint. Which is a good thing cause the farmhouse needs a new coat of paint. I wish that I could get "in the mood" to do stuff around here. I just can't seem to get motivated. Maybe I need some spring. I feel like a bear too. Except that I will wake up fat! Love the fritatta recipe! I definitely will be trying those out. They look scrumptious! We love fritatta's too. See why I am fat?!

Farmgirl Paints said...

I have the winter doldrums...hate to admit it but I feel like I'm losing my mind. Only 3 more months to go;)

Have fun painting. I hope you put up pics of the after. That quiche looked soooooo yummy. I really love any kind of egg bake. Have a great day Lori.

Delena said...

Oh that recipe sounds like a keeper. I must try it. Love the picture of your "kids". What a fluffy cat!

this free bird said...

Lori I need a frittata (to get me away from the cookies - this is getting out of hand). Can't wait to see what color you choose! A friend of mine once painted his guest bedroom navy and had white and linen accents, along with deep brown wood and fabulous silver. It was incredible!

xo,
C

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Ohhh we have many of those same colours in our apartment, Lori! Can't wait to see what you come up with!! It'll be gorgeous either way :) xo