Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wishing for Spring....


Well it is February
and  I am desperately looking for spring


but as I type this
they are predicting another snowstorm

heavy snowfall warning...

so I think it will be at least a couple of months
before I can take pictures of
my very own crocus...


I hate wishing my life away
seems I do it all the time though

wishing for Friday
wishing the week-end won't end
wishing for vacation
wishing ~ wishing


wishing that Groundhog Day was a true weather prediction
because I have to face the facts
even though he is almost guaranteed not to see his shadow today
we really will have winter until April
around these parts.

So I will be content with


 knits


snowflakes


hot drinks


and cozy throws for awhile longer...

Happy Groundhog Day!

and 
Happy Birthday 
to my furry boy child
as he is 4 today


Happy Birthday Cooper!!

xo


6 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Lori,
Happy birthday to Cooper.....an Aquarian like me !!!! haha
I guess that all I can say regarding your weather is to embrace it !! There is nothing you can do to change it and snow does have such a magical and beautiful edge to it.
..... and, many, many thanks for your lovely comment and birthday wishes. You will never know how much it means to me, especially those of your generation who can be bothered with a wrinkly old 60 year old !!!! You were one of the first bloggers that I found and I have enjoyed every minute of our blogging friendship.....long may it last Lori. Lots of love. XXXX

Mikal said...

No wonder I like Cooper... he has a birthday the same week as three of my babies! :)

This post touches me so... "wishing my life away"... that is such a a-ha comment for me too.... wanting the weekend, wanting vacation. We just have to find the joy in simple moments of each day... something that I'm working on now.

Just love you Lori! Have a beautiful day my sweet friend!!

(Thanks for the note... I used a drop cloth and haven't made another one since... this cold is kicking my buns!!)

Farmgirl Paints said...

Ah that cooper is a cutie! I am sooo ready for spring too. I better be patient. It's not coming for a long while unfortunately:(

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday to you freak whiskered Cooper! I hope you get lots of cool cat toys and enjoy your day. No more red wine on Mommy's carpet though! I cannot wait for spring. If that stupid groundhog doesn't see his shadow I am going to hunt him down and make a stew out of him!

Cathi said...

Happy Birthday to adorable Cooper!! I am afflicted with a bit of wishing the days away too, but trying my best to enjoy each moment whatever it may bring. Warm hugs and sunshine to you, dear Lori!! Stay warm! xxoo :)

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Lori, you need to come visit California :) It's sunny and 60 degrees here. Sometimes I am a little envious of the snow, though, I will admit! Happy Birthday to Cooper!! :)