Monday, May 9, 2011

Growing Up ~ Spring


Spring is my favorite season
and although this week-end
we had nothing but rain
it was still so nice
as everything is so green


coming home from the grocery store on Saturday
lugging bags ~ my head was down
and then I stopped
and looked around
breathed deep
it's Spring ~ finally

it feels like Spring
it smells like Spring
it looks like Spring

the grass is growing ~ and so green
the tulips are bursting


my flower beds are a mess
as it has been so wet
I have not had a chance to get out there
and clean out all the old stuff
but the new foliage does not care
as it is blooming
smiling up at me ~ green!!


the forsythia is happy and showing off


the lilacs will be blooming soon

my favorite shrub in the yard
I am yearning for sunshine so I can get outside
and enjoy it all



Sunday was spent at home
as I hosted the family here
both Mom's
family ~ food & laughter

Hope you all had a great week-end!

xo




6 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Lori,
What lovely images of Spring....such a beautiful time of year. We have been so lucky here in the UK as the weather has been beautiful for about 6 weeks now. The hottest April for 400 years apparently !!
Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I'm so sorry that I've not been around for a while.....massive computer and blogger trouble but, I think I'm back on track now, although I'm not holding my breath !!!
Enjoy the new growth of Spring. XXXX

Mikal said...

I love your tulips and forget me nots... those always reminds me of my grammy. I bet you didn't think all your snow would give way to spring, but she made it!

Have a great week sweets,

Mikal

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Spring has finally come to Chicago, too. I am enjoying always having the windows open and that so many people are out and about. I finally met a neighbor.

Happy Spring, Lori.

Fondly,
Glenda

Cathi said...

Glad you enjoyed some family time at your home. The flowers and greenery look so pretty! Hoping you get to enjoy some fabulous weather!! xxoo :)

wowaccountforsale said...

Can't wait to see you post those blooming beauties, lovely garden you there. Love love the tulips my favorite color, pink.

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I love spring too (well, minus the allergies I get!) The tulips are gorgeous. Glad you got some time with your family. So beautiful!