Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sunrise in Varadero

Our last full day at the resort
I awoke before the sun

not wanting to wake Trev
I grabbed our towels to reserve our chairs
by the pool 

getting back to the room
he had woken up too
so I picked up my camera
and we headed down to the beach



I will be truthful with you
I have not seen the dawn very often
maybe in my late teens ~ early 20's
when I was just getting home after a night out!


it was peaceful
the beach was deserted
except for a couple of runners
and people walking




we took the obligatory beach shot
for our photo album



then just sat and took it all in



I am so glad that we were able to do this
it was romantic ~ peaceful
and time that I will cherish forever

it was the perfect way to conclude 
our vacation.

Happy Wednesday!



7 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

What a wonderful moment for you both, Lori. I know that you must have some very special memories of this lovely holiday.
....and, some great photographs too. Have a lovely day Lori. XXXX

Donna said...

Looks perfect! Sunrises on the beach have been some of my favorite times!

Jboo said...

Wow -- so beautiful! There's something so special about sunrise and the beach makes it even more so. Thanks for sharing!

Janet

kimberly said...

I could so use a place like that right now! Lori, your images are gorgeous! Isn't morning like absolutely divine? It is so rosy and gentle~ I am so happy that you shared your pics with those of us unable to go ourselves!
xx

Blondie's Journal said...

Sunrise on the beach...everyone should see it at least once in their lifetime. I'm so happy you both has a wonderful time. I have enjoyed your posts and pictures!!

XO,
Jane

Farmgirl Paints said...

isn't it amazing how a sunrise just makes you feel like you are sitting in God's lap?? it's the sweetest most reverent moment i think we can find here on earth. another day and new blank canvas.

Delena said...

Don't you just love sunsets over the water.
Beautiful pictures and enjoy your post as always.