Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!



Boo!

did I scare you...

I know ~ not likely

what a busy week-end!

it started out with having no plans and then at noon on Saturday
took off at a sprint and did not stop

I ended up outside cleaning up the flowerbeds out back
then ran errands, got groceries
made a big batch of spaghetti sauce, stuffed manicotti
then made dinner!

we were invited to a party and I was pooped out
I felt like a zombie so the costume would have been easy
it's too bad too because I really wanted to go
just to see all the decorations as I was over on Thursday night
and it looked incredible then ~ and they were not even finished
oh well ~ I hope they got lots and lots of pictures

Sunday it was miserable ~ rainy and cold
but we bundled up anyway and headed to the cottage
to close it up

it was cold ~ see your breath inside cold


this is a picture from inside looking out
it was pouring ~ I called it slushing as it was a rain snow mix


we lit the stove and got down to business
by this time the slush had turned to full on snow



I went back outside and braved our first snowfall of the year
and you know what
I really don't like snow


everything was covered and to quote Trev
it was slippery as snot
nice image ~ right!


by the time we left it was pretty much a winter wonderland.

As we were driving home it turned to slush
then rain again but the ground is covered
I am hoping this will all melt off as it is suppose to warm up
a bit ~ hope so as I hate to see the little ones out in this
tonight.

More news ~ good news actually
Donny is home
skinny but home
his weight dropped to 107 lbs
this is a man ~ 6 ft tall
has always been slim but not skin hanging on bones slim
he has gained about 7 lbs so far
so he is on the road to recovery
and a happy boy
and that makes me a happy girl

thank you again for all the prayers
xoxox

So today I am dressed in my finery
I am headed south ~ if only in my mind
as I will have on my hula skirt
and flip flops
and a lei ~ and a hat
and funky glasses

I will get a picture ~ I promise!


Hope you have a Safe and Happy Halloween!




2 comments:

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

Great post ... sending you warm wishes for a great and Happy Halloween.

Katie from
www.westiejulep.blogspot.com

Mikal said...

I wondered if you got any of that storm! Brrrr. I am not ready to see snow yet - our news said snow in the mountains too.... cold weather is here, no matter what we want!

I'm going to think of you and flip flops today, that will keep me smiling!