Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday Update


First off ~ thank you for all the words of encouragment
and thoughts & prayers for my family


Donny's surgery was on Monday
and things went well ~ not the way we wanted
but good just the same

he had a blockage in his small intenstine
and we were hoping that they could just clear it 
or remove it

they ended up performing a colostomy
which sounds bad I know
but this will give everything time to heal
from the chemo and radiation treatments
then hopefully it can be reversed


they also transferred him to a bigger and better hospital
sucks that he is not further away now 
but at least he will get the care he needs

so with him all tucked in we look forward 
and move forward

we have a long week-end coming up
as Monday is Thanksgiving
so we are making plans
and thankful for what we have

Happy Wednesday

xo

both photos found on Pinterest

6 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

glad to hear things are going well. happy thanksgiving. that's my favorite holiday here. eat something yummy for me:)

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I am so glad that it seems like things are looking up for him. One more thing to be thankful for! I hope he continues to do well and gets better quickly. Chemo is not a fun thing to go through. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I will keep him in my prayers.

Mikal said...

HUGE {{HUGS}} to you!

Thanksgiving - I can't wait for ours too!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Sending many prayers to you, Donny and family. I am happy he is out of the woods.

XO,
Jane

Deidre said...

Glad to hear that things are going ok! It's so hard when family is in the hospital far away.

Cathi said...

Glad to hear Donny's surgery went well and he is resting comfortably. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving, sweet friend! xxoo :)