Sunday, February 19, 2012

Forget Me Not

This week-end heaven gained another angel
as my Aunt Dot got her wings
and went home...


born Dorothy Ann
my Dad's oldest sister

started with Aphasia a few years ago
then went into Alzheimer's disease


she was the most like my Grandmother Stiles
she was a tremendous cook
loved to garden ~ her flowers were always so beautiful

she was the family patriarch I suppose
the oldest of 5 



Alzheimer's scares the living crap out of me

they say it is not hereditary 
but personally I don't believe it

as it took my grandmother and one of her sisters
that's 2 out of 3

then on to my Dad's generation
and 2 out of 5 either have it
or signs of it....so far


at least I know Aunt Dot is well again
and I betcha the party at the big farm in heaven
was quite a celebration on Saturday!

Mom is doing so good
if she keeps going like she has been
I think she will be home by next week-end.

Hoping your week-end has been full of more smiles 
than tears.

xo

10 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

I am sorry! I like the way you share the tribute to your Aunt Dot, and how she is adding joy in heaven. The pictures you shared with flowers are so beautiful! My sincere sympathy.

Rachael said...

Such sadness at the start of this post to such wonderful news about your mum. Here's hoping that next weekend she is home and well on the road to recovery. Rx

Mikal said...

Ah sweets, you surely have been tested lately, haven't you?! Praying for peace and loving memories for your family. Forget-me-nots hold a special place in my heart for someone I lost long ago... I love all these sweet images. HUGS to you, and SO SO happy to hear about your mom!

Unknown said...

I am sorry for your loss, Lori. This was a beautiful tribute to her and hopefully therapeutic for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Lori. My grandma is battling Alzheimer's and it's weird to watch her turn into a completely different person. I love that you chose the forget me nots for this post. I do pray that your mom is home this weekend. I pray that God grant you peace this week.

Cathi said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lori. My heart goes out to you! I am extremely happy for you to hear about your Mom's progress! Love, hugs and continued prayers to you and your family! xxoo

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Oh Lori, I am so sorry for your loss. I am sending positive thoughts and big hugs your way. Heaven surely did get another angel xo

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss. Also my mother is battling Alzheimer and everything is so sad.
Hugs to you and your mother.
Daniela

Donna said...

SO sorry to hear about your loss. My mom died of Alzheimers 2 weeks ago; it's a terrible incremental death. I share your anxiety about having to face it myself. My condolences to your family.
Lovely images though... and forget me nots - how perfect!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your Aunt Dot.

Fondly,
Glenda