Sunday, February 17, 2013

In The Kitchen


It is a stormy Sunday night here on the east coast
and I have already lost power once
so I thought I would dash off a quick post in case it goes again....


yes ~ this was this afternoon
and they said that it is going to get worse

Trev is doing a little happy dance as it more than likely means
no school tomorrow
gotta love a good snow day

me on the other hand have to go in regardless
I don't get snow days
I know ~ boohoo ~ woe is me

so what does one do when the snow is blowing
well beside stay in my pj's all day long
I knock a few more recipes off my
28 recipes in 28 days list


I started off with miniature pineapple upside down cakes


I love the look of them and they are perfect
with a cuppa tea

  
then I made some cookies for my boy
he loves anything chocolate
so these Rolo cookies fit the bill

they were easy peasy and really rich

next up was a traditional Acadian meat pie
called a Tourtiere


this can be frozen and popped into the oven the night 
we want it for supper

last thing off the list this weekend 
was mini Italian meatballs
I made for another planned recipe


they are teeny tiny and I just mixed up some ground beef
with an egg, some Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese
and breadcrumbs
then boiled them in beef broth to cook

I can't wait to throw them into this soup,

So after all the cooking and baking was done
I put supper in the oven
and settled into the tub with a book

it was the perfect way to finish off the afternoon.

I wanted to share with you a couple of things I ordered
after Christmas that came in last week


I ordered this from The Rusted Chain
love her stuff and wanted to get a necklace with my word on it

I also came across this one which I fell in love with
as soon as I saw it


found on Etsy at Branded Heart Jewely
I would order from her again

on my last trip to Costco I picked up a couple of books
from two of my favourite authors


can't wait to read these ones.

Hope you all had a good weekend!


5 comments:

helen tilston said...

What a fruitful day. You accomplished a lot - the tourtiere looks looks delicious
Helen

Cathi said...

Wow you were quite productive this weekend but ending it with a good book and a nice soak in the tub was perfect! P.S. pass some of those Rolo cookies my way, please! :) Xxoo

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Everything that you cook always gets my tastbuds going Lori !!!! I usually read your blog at about 8.00 am when I am feeling really hungry !! ..... and, like Cathi, those Rolo cookies look wonderful.
..... and, more snow for you ...... ours has just melted and, as much as I LOVE it, I am now in Spring mode and could do with some warmer weather.
Looking forward to more of your delicious recipes. XXXX

Tara said...

I'm so impressed...and HUNGRY! I hope it was a wonderful, cozy weekend. It was obviously delicious. xo

Leslie Harris said...

Lori I've been sick and I'm just now catching up on your blog. I absolutely love your miniature pineapple cakes, how precious. And yummy looking too. I will definitely do this. I'm still a bit in awe of all of your cooking.
Leslie (Gwen Moss)