Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Women that Made Me ~ Mom


Today I am starting a new series
I am aptly naming

The Women that Made Me

and what better person to start with 
but the woman that actually did make me
my Mama ~ Linda


my Mom has always worked
been organized to a fault
and knew how to get the job done

she is the reason I am a list maker
and can organize just about anything

she instilled a work ethic into me
that I carry every day

nothing came for free ~ we worked for everything
received our allowance and got to spend it or save it
the choice was ours to make

Aunt Dot, Dad, Mom & Carolyn seated in front
Family Reunion ~ Rockport Hall

now it was not always about work
it is because of this woman 
that I love...

Movies
Chinese Food
Old Time Rock & Roll Music
Anything Elvis
Reading

and too too many more things to list


I could not ask for a better woman
to have raised me

Love you Mama!!

xo



6 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

What a lovely post Lori and a beautiful accolade to your mum ..... you look SO much like her. It's Mothers Day here on Sunday so, it always makes me think of my Mum and how much I miss both of my parents. It's lovely that you have a such a close relationship ..... and, that is such a wonderful photograph of you both. I hope that you have that one in a frame and out for all to see !! XXXX

mimi charmante said...

I love this Lori! What a wonderful series- I can't wait for the next one~
x

Cathi said...

Beautiful post about your lovely mother - I'm so thankful I have a great relationship with my mom too! What a great series - I'm looking forward to reading your next installment! Happy Wednesday, my friend xxoo

Unknown said...

So very sweet - your mom is lucky to have you!

Leslie Harris said...

Lori, what a wonderful idea. I loved the chance to meet your mother and learn about your life. I can't wait to read more.
Leslie (Gwen Moss)

Farmgirl Paints said...

love this peek into your past. what a sweet tribute to your momma.