Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 16 ~ Difficulties

Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it



I am blessed ~ I really am.  
I actually googled the phrase “lot in life” to get some inspiration 
for this post and I realized how lucky I really am. 

Trev may have lost him job after 27 years ~ but he got a good severance package 
and is now working part time.  
Talk to me again in December 
and I may be whistling another tune.  
I am using the extra money we are earning to pay down the car 
we had to buy in January 
after ours went to pasture.   
I have not bought anything extra ~ taken an exotic trip 
we are just living life and trying to do the best we can 
with what we've got. 

My brother and I have a strained relationship now
but I had to let it go and stop stressing over it 
 it is what it is and it’s not going to change.  
I have accepted that. 

Mom’s health scares me ~ she is back in the hospital next week 
for a hernia operation and I worry.  
She has COPD and high blood pressure 
I know she will have to go on the vent and I wonder how long she will be on it this time.  
I know that her body will not be going through the same trauma that it did last year, 
but are we not programmed to hope for the best and expect the worst.  
Sounds pessimistic of me doesn't it ~ so unlike me! 

So you see ~ I am blessed ~ life is pretty good here 
and I really have nothing to complain about.





No comments: