Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 22 ~ My Rant

Day 22, Wednesday: 
Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. 



Well there are many things that I could "go off" on 
but since I like you and don't want to offend
I will stay off anything that can be construed as controversial

Rudeness, Talking down to people
and Selfishness

It seems that manners for some have gone the way of the 
banana clip ~ but leg warmers came back so we can only hope ~ right?

One day on my way out of the building I held the door for a girl
with her hands full ~ she did not say a word to me
and I grinned and said "you're welcome"
she spun around and gave me a look ~ hope she got the point.

~*~

Don't insult my intelligence ~ do not talk down to me or anyone else
and if it is done in front of me I will call you on it
we are all equals ~ you may know more than me
have a better education than me but I betcha that I could teach you 
a thing or two as well!

~*~

I have a couple of people in my life that they think 
the world revolves around them.
I cannot begin to tell you how much this makes me want to
take them and shake them
but nothing works so I limit my time with people like this

and those are my rants!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I could have written this myself!!!!!

SO agree on the holding the door open for people thing - how hard can it be to say thank you?!!

I started the "ranting" post thinking that I wasn't a ranter, apparently I am LOL ;) XX

Blondie's Journal said...

You've said all of this in a very nice way so you are not a rude person at all in my book, just honest. My hubby always says there is no excuse for rudeness and I think he is so right. And selfish people...that's a toughie, some people refuse to believe they are and if you can't eliminate them from your life, what to do?

XO,
Jane

Leslie Harris said...

Lori I agree with you on all these, especially rudeness. But this post made me think of another rant I have about the topic of humility. Being humble. Especially when it comes to the social media world. But honestly, what ever happened to being modest and humble about one's self? Today, it seems like everyone feels entitled to have followers and an audience. Like twitter for instance. I don't get it. Am I the only person who thinks I'm too boring to be sending tweets out into the world? haha..is being modest an outdated quality? that's my rant for the day :)
Leslie