Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 29 ~ Five Songs


Pick five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories

You cannot imagine how hard it is for me to pick only 5 songs
as I have a memory for music
I can name the song to go with a certain event
and I am a true believer in the song remembers when

so with that being said so many songs spark a memory
so I have picked a few of my absolute favourites

I was lucky enough to finally see The Eagles
a few years back ~ they are my favourite band

Desperado was sort of my theme song for a lot of years
the entire Greatest Hits Vol 1 album is one that has
gone from vinyl to cassette to cd


Switchin to Glide from the Kings
takes me back to high school
and there is something about the line
:nothing matters but the weekend, from a Tuesday point of view"
still rings true today


Taking You Home by Don Henley
was our last dance at our wedding
the lyrics fit ~ we were so happy ~ still are for that matter
but it is a memory I will carry with me forever


What's Going on in Your World by George Strait
well any song by George really reminds me of my Dad
this was one of his favourite artists and he became one of mine as well
the same holds true with Charley Pride, Keith Whitley and many others
depending on my mood I can either sing it loud or cry like a baby
when it comes on now


I picked this last one as it makes me smile
and takes me back to going out every Saturday night
and just dancing ~ it still gets me on the dance floor ~ omg I still love it

please someone tell me they recognize this 80's flashback moment!


OK ~ can I just say I loved this one!
I may have to do an album list and I am loving Grooveshark!


2 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh Lori ..... The Eagles are one of my all time favourite bands .... we saw them at Wembley Stadium and they were fantastic.
Your other choices aren't loading for me but I'm sure that they are all winners !!
Have a good day. XXXX

Farmgirl Paints said...

I can hear most of these in my head just reading the titles. I love music too. No doubt it transforms you to another place and time. It's like magic.