Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Potpourri

Well today marks the end of my vacation
and all in all ~ it was a good week
really any week off is a good week ~ right!

via

via

via

we got to the cottage on Sunday and it is now cleaned
the beds are stripped and everything is sitting in the laundry room
ready for a sunny day so I can hang everything out on the line

via

via

Tuesday I planted all my annuals ~ baskets are hanging 
and the containers are full

it is amazing how these little punches of colour
can make a girl smile


via

via

Wednesday night was girls night out
as we went to see Beauty and the Beast
the Broadway show is touring Canada and I was lucky enough to go

it was amazing




via

Mom was originally scheduled for surgery yesterday
but it has been postponed til next week

she was upset but at least it is only a couple of days 
instead of a couple of months this time

via


I have gotten so many little things done this week
plus took some time to just sit as well
today I have a lunch date with Katrina
I don't get to spend nearly enough time with her ~ my oldest niece
then we will head to the mall
the perfect rainy day activity!

via

For the blog every day in May challenge
today we are to list our top 3 worst traits

I find the older I get the more Opinionated I am
and I can be quite vocal about it
I can however agree to disagree
and be open minded when given an alternate opinion

Some days I have a hard time speaking without Sarcasm
I have to be aware and dial it down when necessary
not sure if it is a bad trait or not
but I will add it to the list

I can be Selfish with my time
maybe because we never had kids
I have my routines and part of those are times alone
with quiet whether it is reading or just sitting
if I do not get this time I can get cranky


Wishing you all a wonderful week-end!


2 comments:

Leslie Harris said...

I love the quote from Miranda July. It speaks to me.
Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

Mikal said...

No way - over already!??? Ugh!!

I'm loving your daily blog posts. I think I finally can get back to mine. I miss my ramblings... LOL

Mikal :)