Sunday, August 18, 2013

August ~ So Far So Good


It is Sunday night and I just realized that I have not checked in
and it's been over a week



I took some time tonight to walk the yard
loving the flowers that are in bloom right now as they are some of my favourites

something that is not and is out in abundance right now are the mosquitoes
they are vicious!


just from walking around ~ I happened to look down and saw this
I count 7 and that is only what I could fit in the frame
they are terrible and it has only been the past week or so

thankfully our Off Lantern seems to work quite well
good thing I stocked up on some refills!


A week or so ago I had an extra long weekend
so Trev and I went to a touristy place here in town
Magnetic Hill

we just walked around all the little shops at Wharf Village
bought some fudge ~ fed the ducks
and went to Beaver Tails

 

he had never had one (what!) so I treated him and he had his with maple butter
drizzled with chocolate

I went with beaver dots ~ like a timbit or donut hole
served with ice cream and drizzled with caramel
it was a little piece of heaven


I laughed in one of the shops as they had a huge display of Anne of Green Gables merchandise
I would also like to point out that I do not live on Prince Edward Island
and I live about a 2 hour drive to Anne's famous gables
but I smiled and thought of Becky and Lou as I know how much they love
all things Anne.


last week I got together with a group of ladies
I used to go away with every summer

we would rent a cottage at the beach
and proceed to make memories

one of the girls is turning the big 50 tomorrow
so we went to her place ~ had a little pot luck dinner
and made some more memories ~ these were taken at her place



I have also been working on my little space in the basement
it is not complete yet but Trev hung my shelves last weekend
so I am fluffing and organizing and hanging pictures



I love how my little corner turned out!
once I get it all fluffed and puffed ~ I will do a complete reveal



Yesterday we were up early and packed in the car to go to 
Canada's largest outdoor flea market


the best neighbours ever came with us again this year
and after 5 1/2 hours we were tired and sunburnt
and ready to go home


it was a gorgeous day but that sun was hot
and stuff was expensive this year
anything worth getting was very pricey so I did not get much
but I did pick up this book for $5 ~ it was one of my favourites as a child
and I cannot wait to read it again as an adult




I am on vacation now til after labour day
so we have lots lined up to do which include
some cooking


hanging out on the deck enjoying my new fun lights that I got on sale


finishing this book and reading a couple more


enjoying my flowers ~ this phlox is "David" a favourite for sure

there are also day trips planned, lunches and shopping trips booked
a family get together, a concert and a seafood feast
I promise I will be back sooner than later

Have a great week!



1 comment:

Cathi said...

It sounds like you have some lovely things planned for your vacation - enjoy every moment of it, my lovely friend! Love, hugs and sunshine to you! xxoo P.S. Mosquitos love me too! :)