Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Potpourri

Well hello there!

via


it is hard to believe that it is Friday already

why is it during a work week ~ you wish and pray for Friday to arrive
but if you are on vacation you want the week to go as slow as possible?

via


Tuesday I got together with a couple of my favourite girls
we sat on the deck ~ ate lunch ~ sipping iced tea
and caught up on each other's lives
and laughed ~ I always laugh so hard with these girls
does the heart good

via

via

yesterday we went tubing ~ what a great time we had!


today I feel like I ran a marathon ~ a little bruised
and my arms are sore from doing the back stroke
but we are still smiling!

I have no pictures from on the river and good thing after I flipped out of my tube
got dragged along for a bit as the current was quite strong in places
and I may have been scared for a minute or two
but would I go again ~ you bet!  
Katrina lost her flip flops and both Samantha and I 
"beached" ourselves once in shallow water
all in all ~ we came out happy, wet and tired.

via

via

this weekend we have a family get together
so I am going through my recipes to figure out what I am making
love a good pot luck!







reading reading
doing as little cooking as possible
soaking up the beautiful weather we have been having
and squeezing in as much summertime vacationtime as possible


via

Are you already in fall mode ~ back to school mode
or are you still sitting on the deck in the with an umbrella drink like me?


4 comments:

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Lovely post and gorgeous images as usual. Here in the UK school doesn't start for another few weeks (and in Spain not for another month!)
I SO agree about your quote about books.
Have a lovely relaxing weekend x

Cathi said...

Enjoy your last few days of vacation - sounds like such a wonderful week! Sending love and laughter to you today! xxoo

Farmgirl Paints said...

you look right at home with those sweet girls. love the love in that pic. I've never really been tubing. shocker I know;) that popsicle pic had me at hello. like I need one right this minute:) have a great weekend girlie!

Leslie Harris said...

No I'm not quite ready for Fall yet. I'm just relishing these last days of August. Lately I've been very contented to stay in the moment and not wish the seasons away.
BTW- I'm jealous of the tubing you did. That sounds so fun, I haven't done that in years. But I can't handle really cold water, so hopefully yours wasn't too bad. I loved the photo of you with your girlfriends. I'm meeting a few friends on Wednesday evening too and looking forward to it. Hope you're enjoying your Monday Lori!
xo
Leslie