Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Twinkle Twinkle


The last couple of weekends I have taken a break
from cooking and cleaning
and have spent my time in my renovated room
with no natural light ~ creating

finally taking some of those things I have pinned
and made them for myself

I have also been having some fun with my chalkboard
wow ~ there are so many cool quotes and fonts
plain inspiration everywhere you look


since our Thanksgiving was last month I chose this one
as I thought it was a bit early for me 
to be putting something Christmas related on it

a couple of weekends ago I made these sweater pillows


again ~ crappy lighting ~ sorry about that!

found on Pinterest ~ a couple of sweaters from goodwill
some batting and stuffing and I used embroidery floss instead of thread


I have 2 or 3 more sweaters to do and 
can't wait to see how they will look on the couch.

This past weekend I made these...



egg cartons + paint + mini lights = cute!



I love them and they were too easy to make
again ~ another Pinterest find


so my little corner of the world is basically complete
that sweater hanging over the chair was one my Grammy Brown made me
and I cannot part with it ~ so after the chair gets recovered with this fabric
the sweater will become another pillow!



I picked this up on my trip 
and it is awaiting a perfect little spot of wall


thought I would take some random shots of my space
as I will soon be hauling out the Christmas wrap, ribbon and bows
and this will become filled with everything Christmas


yes that is my old stereo with a turntable
because you never know when the girls are going to show up 
and we will drag out the 45's and have a dance party!


see randomness and whiskers abound


along with peanut butter pie ~ to die for delicious 


and currently crushing on these ~ please come to Canada soon!

Happy Tuesday.



2 comments:

Cathi said...

Look at you crafty lady - I love everything you've done! I especially love those sweater pillows. I need to get creative again - I have felt so paralyzed this past year, but need to get moving again on fun projects! I hope your week has been wonderful! Thanks for your support as always, sweet friend! xxoo

Jo-Anna@APrettyLife said...

Those lights are SO fun! It's amazing what we can do with everyday things, isn't it?! And now I want Peanut Butter Pie too, haha!