Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Potpourri


Yeah for Friday
and so so thankful for the weekend

via

via

this week was much better than last
concentrating on getting enough sleep and not overdoing it
was the key to get that spring back into my step

not that I am all springy yet
but I am getting there and a that makes me happy

via

via

this is one of my favourites although I have never made it from scratch
this recipe is on my to make list ~ and soon!

and are these not the cutest little tea bags ~ the tutorial is here

via

via

I hope to get something done this weekend since I have
been laying low the past couple of weeks

not too much to overdo it ~ but enough to feel like I have done something
other than lay around and rest and nap and read and rest
it really sucks being sick!

via

via

I also found a recipe for lemon scones ~ I am drawn to everything lemon right now
and I like it


via

via

curling up tonight to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics
so that's where I will be ~ if you need me



Have a great weekend!


8 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Lori...my blogging has not been up to par and I think I missed your last few posts. I hope you are feeling well.

I, too, am watching the opening of the Olympics, the music is beautiful!! What a great way to spend a Friday night. I'm loving your pictures and may Pin a few.

Take care my friend! :)

XO,
Jane

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Lori …. hope you are gradually getting back to good health and feeling more like your old self again. It's rotten feeling ill and really brings you down.
I watched the Opening Ceremony last night ……. I thought it was good in parts but, I'm not sure where all of the money went and, I thought there were a lot of similarilies to London 2012.
…. and, thanks for your comment the other day ….. Henry is SO cute and very photogenic but, he is not always the angel that he looks !!!! haha.
Get well soon Lori ….. you need to eat some of that chicken pie and a few lemon scones …. they will definitely make you feel better !! XXXX

Unknown said...

Lovely images Lori, love the pie & the lemon recipe too.

Hope you are back to your normal self soon my friend Xx

Farmgirl Paints said...

you would die at my momma's lemon squares...pure sunshine! weren't the opening ceremonies a little strange? when they ran in i swear i was watching the hunger games.

Cathi said...

Glad you are feeling better, Lori and I hope you had a fabulous weekend, sweet girl! Wonderful post filled with deliciousness! xxoo

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I am giving a heart shape themed baby shower for my daughter this weekend. I think I can find the time to make these cute tea bags. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Fondly,
Glenda

Erin @ sometimes-homemade.com said...

I hope you're starting to feel better. Love that little mini snowman photo!

PhotoPuddle said...

That picture with the blanket looks so snuggly!