Monday, June 2, 2014

Hello June


Oh June

you smile at me in every blossom

you embrace me with the warmth of the sun


you wink at me on the wings of a butterfly

your song to me comes from the birds sweetly singing

you delight me by awakening all my senses ~ the hummingbirds hovering
the lawn mowers humming and the smell of fresh cut grass
then I watch the bees buzz amid the flowering blooms


your big blue skies and fluffy white clouds bring out the child in me

warm gentle breezes kiss my skin

then you shade me under the big willow ~ nature's canopy

the earth absorbs the raindrops that fall from the sky
making everything green and lush


I will drink you in as you tan my skin and remind myself once again
why I love you so.



3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

So beautiful and so real! Thank you! And your pictures are perfect summer pictures. Are we not ecstatic that it's finally here?!! :)

Love your new blog look!

XO,
Jane

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Loving all the pics! I always love coming here. I am so glad that spring has finally sprung! Love you bunches dear friend!

Cathi said...

I'm so happy for you that you are having some nice weather after your long winter....Very poetic prose you have going here - love it! I was thinking of you this weekend when you were planting your flowers (as that is what I should have been doing...haha...) Love to you sweet friend! xxoo