Monday, June 23, 2014

The Graduate

Last week was quite the week
it was busy ~ but a good busy

you see this little girl


graduated high school


I won't lie to you ~ it has not been an easy road for this one
and we did not know whether this day would ever come

but she made the decision to go back to school in September
and she stuck to it and made it through

she was actually finished in January after her exams
and said she did it and was not going to bother with prom or graduation ceremonies

I am so glad she changed her mind!



prom was Monday ~ she looked stunning in her shimmering gown
it was navy blue and she had plenty of "bling"
so she shone just like the diamond she is


her boyfriend is pretty handsome too
they had a ball at prom

~*~*~

Thursday night was graduation



I won't lie and will tell you that I had tears in my eyes
I was bursting with pride
and I kinda love that she graduated from the same high school
that I did ~ 31 years ago!


love this shot of the girls with their Dad


and one with Mom


I wrote the following on Facebook when I got home after prom
and posted her pictures

I met this little girl when she was 2 ~ she soon had my heart and became my niece soon after. 
She has grown into a beautiful young woman and seeing her tonight brought tears to my eyes 
and a heart full of love. 
I cannot wait until Thursday night to see her in her cap and gown.
I am so proud of you my Goosey Lucy ~ Love you forever Katrina xoxo


you done good kiddo ~ the sky is the limit
you can do whatever you want

and Auntie Lori gets a 3 year break until the next one


3 comments:

Leslie Harris said...

what a happy story Lori. And I'm so glad your lovely niece decided to go through the graduation ceremony too. I think it's important to celebrate life's milestones and it sounds like she overcame some obstacles to achieve her goal. That says so much about her character and I can see why you're so proud. Congrats to Katrina!

Leslie Harris said...

what a happy story Lori. And I'm so glad your lovely niece decided to go through the graduation ceremony too. I think it's important to celebrate life's milestones and it sounds like she overcame some obstacles to achieve her goal. That says so much about her character and I can see why you're so proud. Congrats to Katrina!

Cathi said...

I know I'm a bit late but Congratulations to Katrina on such a wonderful accomplishment. Much love and luck to her in the future and hugs to you my friend! xxoo