Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Potpourri


It's Friday afternoon ~ just past one
and I have the day off

I was debating on whether to get everything done that I need to do
today so I will have the entire weekend for me

but

I turned on the tv and picked up the laptop
so here I sit ~ still in my jammies
typing away



there is still a couple of remnants of Christmas hanging around
so I will get those put away ~ finally
and get the house back to normal at some point and time

via

via

cooking is also on the agenda
a big batch of spaghetti sauce and some white chicken chili

no baking though ~ there are still some cookies lingering about
and more chocolate than necessary ~ but my chocoholic hubby will take care of that
in time for valentines to roll around!

via

via

so I will putter about ~ read when I want to
maybe watch an old movie or two

these early days of January should be filled with promise 
of all things new and sparkling
but for some reason I am in a bit of a funk this year
the anniversary of Dad's passing was on the 6th
15 years ~ wow ~ time goes by


via

so I have some goals this year that I mentioned in my last post
and one of them is taking care of me

my mental health along with my physical health
as they are equally important to me

via

via

I want to connect with friends in person
it's ok to make plans on Facebook or by texting
but to actually meet up ~ have coffee or dinner
go to a movie or shopping
or just have some couch time talking and catching up


via

so that's me in a nutshell
not the most exciting ~ but it's all that I have so far

wishing you a wonderful weekend
xo



4 comments:

Foxanddahlia said...

Happy New Year. Little steps and looking after yourself is the right way forward.x

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Wow your post really resonates with me Lori. My Dad also passed on the 6th Jan last year, so I am literally re-living every emotion in such a visceral way it's exhausting me.

I also decided some time ago I am finished with resolutions, but I am making small changes which I hope by the end of the year will have some kind of compound effect (been reading the book 'One Small Step Can Change Your Life') which has helped me a lot this year. Like you it's a weekend "lockdown" in our house; comfort food, books, TV box sets.........bliss. Wishing you a good one lovely lady xx

Leslie Harris said...

Lori, I'm so glad you stayed in your jammies and decided to write. I love hearing from you and this is such a lovely post. Taking care of yourself is a great place to begin the new year, and I'm hearing that from a lot of other women right now too. Is it this time of the year that inspires us to want more authenticity in our lives? It's such a wonderful goal.

And I just pinned that chicken chili soup so that I can make it this weekend. I think a yummy soup and some good bread make a perfect meal during these cold months.
hugs
Leslie

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Lori,
Such beautiful images of January days .... comfort food , open fires and snuggly blankets { and the odd cocktail or two, just to be sociable !! } It's so hard when those sad anniversaries come round but I know that you have very happy and precious memories to see you through.
Finally, I think that most of our lives are bit ' Groundhog Day ' ..... yours sound's much more exciting than mine !!!! XXXX